Strategy and values
Working for the Government – seamlessly and securely
Our strategy defines Valtori’s long-term objectives and focus areas. In accordance with Valtori’s vision “Working for the Government – seamlessly and securely”, we want to make the everyday life of our customers easier and ensure the continuity of our customers’ operations.
Valtori’s key objective is to harmonise the basic information technology systems of central government. As a result of harmonisation, the maintenance of customer environments will be easier, which will enable lower costs, more reliable systems, more controlled preparations against cyber threats and increased customer satisfaction.
However, for Valtori, harmonisation is not an end in itself. The basic IT solutions of many customers have been developed as required over several years, and it is not smart to make changes to functioning systems only to harmonise the government's administrative systems – at least not before the systems that are currently in use reach the end of their life cycle.
The Ministry of Finance steers Valtori’s performance
The Ministry of Finance and Valtori conclude an annual performance agreement to agree on Valtori’s objectives. You can find further information on performance agreements on the website of the Ministry of Finance.
Valtori's values are Responsibility, Standard operating practices, Doing together, Continuous development and Good working environment
- Responsibility: We take responsibility for our operations: we keep our promises and support each other.
- Standard operating practices: We commit to standard operating practices and act in the overall interests of the government.
- Doing together: We work with customers, service providers and colleagues towards our common goals.
- Continuous development: We constantly develop our operations and services to meet the needs of our customers. I will develop my own skills.
- Good working environment: We have a pleasant work community, flexible working arrangements and diverse professional development opportunities.