Valtori aims to guarantee the accessibility of Valtori's website in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 (in Finnish). The website was published on 30 May 2018.
This accessibility statement applies to valtori.fi website. It was prepared on 22 September 2020 and last updated on 7 April 2021.
The statement is based on a third-party assessment on whether the website meets the requirements of the Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
Status of accessibility
This website partly meets the AA-level requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
Contents that do not meet the requirements of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019:
- Some contrasts on the website are weak. (WCAG criteria 1.4.3 and 1.4.11)
- In some cases, it is difficult to identify links as links. (WCAG 3.2.4,1.4.1)
- There are defects in the text alternatives for figures. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- On current news the page structure differs from that of the other pages, which means, for example, that skip links do not work or the browsing order is different. (WCAG 2.4.1, 1.3.2)
- The mandatory fields on forms are not always marked as mandatory. (WCAG 3.2.2)
- The keyboard focus disappears in some cases (WCAG 2.4.7):
- When navigating the front page, keyboard focus disappears for current news, because it goes through all news releases even though they are not visible (in addition, WCAG 2.4.3)
- In the “Key events in the past” element, keyboard focus disappears when using the Firefox browser.
- Focus disappears in the list of open vacancies.
- Some website structures may be difficult to understand when using a screen reader (WCAG 1.3.1):
- Main menu
- Calendar for competitive bidding
- List of open vacancies
- The buttons and figures on the “Figures and history” page open content over the page, which is not communicated when using a screen reader.
- In addition to the structure of the calendar for competitive bidding that is difficult to understand when using a screen reader, the state of various bidding processes is marked with colours, which are not explained when using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2, 1.4.1).
- When closing the content of figures that can be opened from the figures on the “Figures and history” page, the keyboard focus does not stay in the same location but skips (WCAG 2.4.3).
- The accessibility of PDF files has not been verified.
- A table structure was used in the layout of newsletters, which makes it more difficult to comprehend the letter when using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1)
The objective is that these defects will be rectified by the end of May 2021.
Feedback and contact information
Our aim is to continuously improve the accessibility of our online service. If you discover any defects in accessibility that are not included in this statement, please notify us (the website administrator) first. We will do everything we can to rectify the defect.
You can contact us by email: [email protected] Valtori’s Communication function is responsible for dealing with any feedback on the accessibility of valtori.fi website. The process may take 14 days.
If you are not happy with the response you receive or if you do not receive a response within two weeks, you can submit a notification to the Regional State Administrative Agency (AVI) of Southern Finland.