Central government organisations use various services produced by Valtori. Some organisations use a wide range, others have fewer. Valtori services include the central government’s shared basic ICT services, such as:
- office network connections
- secure remote connections
- computers and related software
- phones and related software
Organisations also have various IT systems related to their individual substance activities. The maintenance and user support of these systems is organised and provided by said organisations.
Understandably, it can sometimes be difficult to know who you should contact at any given time when it comes to the central government’s IT services. If necessary, you can turn to your information management services or Valtori user support to get more information.
How to contact Valtori user support
Valtori user support is available for government employees through service portal support requests, via chat and by phone. To receive support for our services or to report an issue:
- primarily contact us through Valtori’s TOP and Tokka service portals
- in urgent matters, please contact us by phone
You can find links to the service portals and the phone number for user support on your organisation’s intranet. Contact information may vary by organisation and is intended for internal use by central government. For that reason, we cannot publish it in this context.
Services’ user instructions as a resource
You can find user instructions for Valtori services in the TOP service portal, and for Government Security Network services, user instructions are available in the Joiku customer portal and in workstation instructions.
For Valtori’s tips on using the services and to keep up with latest IT terminology, see #valtorinitvinkit on Twitter and Instagram.
On the eOppiva platform, you can learn how to use electronic tools. For example, eOppiva has courses on how to use software such as Microsoft Office programmes.
When you encounter an issue
You can often resolve a local IT issue by restarting your computer or phone. You can also try logging out and in again or switching to another web browser.
If nothing you can personally do resolves the issue, it may be a disruption that affects other users of the central government’s shared IT services as well.
- To the extent possible, try resolving the issue by following the instructions in the service portals.
- Before contacting user support, try to find out whether your colleagues are experiencing the same problem.
- If your matter is not urgent, use the service portal and the forms available there.
- If the issue will disrupt your work significantly, please call Valtori user support. You do not need to assess the extent or severity of the disruption; Valtori user support will do so and initiate the necessary measures.
- Once your issue has been resolved, please fill in the feedback questionnaire. If necessary, you can reject the resolution within 4 to 5 days and the same support request will be opened again. Any later you will need to open a new request. Please do not respond to the resolution notification if you do not wish to reopen the request.